Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I get by with a little help...

... from my friends and family that is!

Really need to make a comment here at my studio blog about the sensational layers of support I've received of late to make the past weekend's big event at my home studio such a memorable and successful occasion. I just wrote up about the weekend over at my main blog ... but there is so much more that could be said.


Ever supportive family members... Russell and Olivia early sunday morning before visitors!

When I gave a talk on Sunday afternoon I was pleased to focus on this element of the artist's life. All the solo hours have to give way to moments of community and very often there is pressure ... various preparations ... that require calling on others for a hand, ideas, aid with promotion ... ultimately this means one cannot be a solo traveller and dismiss all important community connections.

I've been completely overwhelmed with fine support of late... and I wish to make some more fitting gesture of thanks than this mere mention here. So... to be updated soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Blogging for me is an extension of keeping a journal which I have done in various forms over the decades. The difference being this is not a closed book! I like that it offers an opportunity to explore that which concerns me as an artist and as an individual about living and participating in this vastly complex, unquestionably exciting yet unnerving time in human history. Through the blog I hope to increase the possibilties for cross-pollination which I believe can strengthen the sense of being part of something both personal and universal that is vital, expansive and refreshing.