Thursday, January 3, 2013

holidays

water is something I love


and the place I stayed for almost a week


has a stunning series of connected waterways, river, lakes, ocean


 on the sunset cruise last week the sun was hidden behind billowing clouds.


there were boats of all kinds... houseboats... yachts... ferries....


even a Gondola that looked a little lost in the Antipodes


 the clouds were dramatic ... there were many moods this afternoon


a kayaker was out


love the way the land was so so dark


and the moon was coming up


 the houseboats spoke to me


and the shores beckoned


90 minutes in the river-ferry at sundown was peaceful


all this water was so good for the soul!

I could have spent a whole week going far up river, visiting the lakes... doing the Everglade trip and then there's canals and more lakes and waterways... and kayaking and board-riding standing up paddling! The ocean meets the river and swimming is mostly wonderful down at the beach. But I did run into a blue bottle in the waves one day and my leg still bears the tell-tale signs.

Sigh... always love the water... whatever the mood!

I wander if the studio will reflect this at all... or perhaps it was just the simple act of having the wind and water washing over and around me.... taking away some of the worries and tiredness of the old year and making space for the new year to come in!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Blogging for me is an extension of keeping a journal which I have done in various forms over the decades. The difference being this is not a closed book! I like that it offers an opportunity to explore that which concerns me as an artist and as an individual about living and participating in this vastly complex, unquestionably exciting yet unnerving time in human history. Through the blog I hope to increase the possibilties for cross-pollination which I believe can strengthen the sense of being part of something both personal and universal that is vital, expansive and refreshing.